Sunday, March 20, 2016

But First...A Selfie

I used to HATE having my picture taken.  I cringed at the thought of a permanent record of "what I had become".  When I look back at the pictures that I had allowed, I can't believe how much I had let myself go.  I hated how I looked, how I felt, how much I had changed.  It was depressing.  So...to avoid all those feelings, I just avoiding being in pictures.  Pretty sad for a scrapbooker.  I have tons of everyone else.  Not many of me.

Flash forward to now - look how far I have come!  My daughter said that she was looking at a picture of the 2 of us from Mother's Day a few years ago and she couldn't believe how different I look now.  She is proud of me.  I am proud of me.  

I like asking people to take our picture when we go places now.  I like when we attempt to "take a selfie" even though neither my nor hubby's arms are very long (so some of them are close-up-selfies).  But I don't care.  I like having my picture taken now.  

This being said, I promise I won't overdo it. I won't be one of those people who constantly put pictures of myself on Facebook or Instagram.  An occasional pic here and there, maybe. 

This was a good week.  Down a pound.  I hope that I have broken through the plateau I have been up against for so long.  These last 15 pounds (now 13.8) to goal weight have been very slow to come off.  It's frustrating.  But I am not giving up.  I am going to get there. It might not happen when I had hoped.  I might have to re-adjust my timeline.  But that's ok.  I will get there.   

But first...a selfie.
That's the Shenandoah River behind me

No comments:

Post a Comment