Monday, November 7, 2016

I'm Back

Yes, I know.  It's been a long time. I've hit a bit of a rough patch.  But I have not given up.  I am still fighting the good fight.  I have tried not to let a slip turn into a slide.  It's hard to believe that I was just 2 pounds away from goal weight just 3 months ago.  I am now 10 pounds away.  I am disappointed with myself.

Losing weight is hard.  In the beginning it was SO easy.  The pounds just dropped off.  I weigh now what I did in January!!  For 10 months I have been struggling.  Stress has played a HUGE part lately.  When I am stressed and overwhelmed, I tend to eat not so healthy and I certainly don't feel like exercising (even though I know in my brain exercising would make me feel better).  

Not really sure what the answer is.  Keeping the course?  Staying on track?  Don't let a slip turn into a slide?  Certainly all these things will help.  (But so would having my jaw wired shut but let's be realistic).

I know most of it is that I am a bit toooooo comfortable.  A little cake here, a candy there, an "adult beverage" from time to time - all things I never allowed myself in the beginning.  Maybe THAT'S the solution.  I need to go back to my basics.  And maybe go back to being simply crazy.

Hey - it worked before... 

No comments:

Post a Comment