Tuesday, September 27, 2016

White Out!

Last night, after I carefully measured out the very yummy Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes (1/4 cup, thank you very much) and after I the licked the spoon, I was wondering...has anyone else ever noticed that everything white is yummy yet "forbidden"?  I mean, think about it - white bread, white rice, white potatoes, pasta, White Castle.  Oops.  I know you know what I am talking about.  We associate these things with starches.  And starches are bad.  Are they not?  Some starchy veggies (i.e. potatoes) are low in fat but high in carbs.  BUT, they are the right kind of carbs.  Not the chips, crackers, cookies kind of "bad" (forbidden?) carbs.

Within reason, nothing is really forbidden.  OK, maybe White Castle should be.  But, if you want to have a piece of white bread, for goodness sake - have it.  But, have one.  Not half a loaf. It's common sense, folks.  Not rocket science.  You can't deprive yourself of all the things you love.  I can take or leave rice but I do love mashed potatoes! Carefully measured, I can have them any time I want to. 

When people ask me "oooo - can you eat that on WW?" I try not to get mad or offended.  Instead, I try to educate.  Yes, I can have anything I want on WW.  Just within reason.  

I promised myself I wasn't going to whine too much about the fact that the scale is going in the wrong direction.  Instead, I am going to focus on getting those pounds off.  Let's say by Christmas.  

Happy week!






No comments:

Post a Comment