Friday, June 17, 2016

Am I Old?

I think I might be getting old.  For example, my patience has worn very thin - for most everything.  I have zero tolerance.  I instantly "hate" skinny young 30-something girls who "got it goin' on".  Ok, hate is a strong word but I definitely feel threatened.  I have limits now, where I didn't use to. I roll my eyes at the things young people say/do/wear.  I'm getting cranky.

But, here is the kicker.  Due to my recent stomach issues, I have had to add more fiber to my diet.  Isn't that something old people do???  The other morning, I found myself in line at Wal-Mart, buying Benefiber.  This is in addition to - on doctor's orders - the added a probiotic!  What is happening????  Please stop me if you ever hear me say "when I was your age...".  Good grief!!!  

Everyone knows that the older you get, the harder it is to lose weight.  I am guessing that's true since I am a whole year older than I was when I started this journey and I CAN'T GET THESE LAST POUNDS OFF!  

Things creek more when I stand up.  "Things" have shifted.  Some things aren't at all where they should be.  I don't bounce back as quickly as I used to when I have had a few adult beverages.  And Lord watch out if I haven't had enough sleep!!!

Age.

I know it's only a number.  I know it should be a frame of mind.  Most days I feel much younger than my 40-something years.  Then there are other days when I have to ask myself...

Am I old?

No comments:

Post a Comment