Tuesday, April 21, 2015

A Tough Couple of Days

I can't believe my will-power.  Three of the last 4 days have been a bit brutal: 

Saturday it was an outing to a local winery.  I planned the food part (made some really yummy WW salsa roll-ups and brought fruit and veggies).  I made sure I had points for a glass of wine. It could have been MUCH worse.  

Sunday, a baby shower.  I suspected that, like most showers, the food would be fun and plentiful.  But, when I saw the spread, it was just "ok".  Nothing too exciting.  So I was safe there.  UNTIL...cake time.  OMG.  It was an ice cream cake with chocolate fudge on top and the outside was freaking HO HOs.  I am not lying when I thought I was going to die.  I love Ho Hos.  I have a method to eating them...the chocolate on the outside first and then the cake.  It was very, very hard to say no.  Truthfully, I did have a small bite. And it was good...really good.  The fat girl in me wanted it REAL bad.  The skinny girl fighting to get out knew better. And I felt so good when I left that party.  

Today.  Monthly work meeting. I knew it might be a problem so I ate my hard boiled egg and cheese before I left.  Thank God there was a lot of fruit because there were trays of doughnuts and muffins and croissants.  It all looked and smelled so good.  I filled my plate with fruit salad and tried to forget what was only about 10 feet away from me.  I am proud of myself.  I know my hubby is proud of me too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment