Sunday, June 21, 2015

Back In The Game

I got all my steps last week!  Yay!!  Even though I only got in 3 days of elliptical time, I still managed to get all 10,000 steps.  Sometimes, life just gets in the way.  I had to say goodbye to my scrappy friend and work was really stressful.  Everyday I thought I would come home and have a nice glass of wine.  But, ultimately, I decided against it.  I would rather eat (chew) my points than drink them.  

Last week at our WW meeting, the Weekly was all about getting happy. We talked about appreciating the little things like a nice long walk or a hug from a child.  I thought about that a lot when I was at work.  It was so hard when I was feeling frantic and overwhemed.  I tried.  I am, for the most part, a happy person.  I felt really upbeat every time I went for a quick walk around the building.  I enjoyed listening to the compliments from my friends about my weight loss.  I have been very content at home.  Life is good.

I am finally ready to go shopping for new clothes.  I really have to, actually.  My "old clothes" were just too big.  I went to The Loft and was actually nervous about trying stuff on.  I put on a skirt that was a large and...it fit!!!!  I teared up a little.  I never thought I would shop there for myself.  I usually would go straight to the XL or  XXL but not anymore!!  A large.  WOW! BTW  I bought the skirt!

We leave for our big vacation in 10 days.  I had hoped to be down 30 pounds (which is 10 pounds more than my original goal of 20). I am only 1.2 pounds away.  It may happen.  It may not.  Either way, I am happy and so ready for this trip.  It will be nice to be able to walk around without being in so much pain (in my feet) or feel tired so quickly.  I actually want to take a bike with us! And I want to kayak with hubby on the lake! Maybe hike some!! 

Who is this person!?  It's The New ME!  And I like her!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment