Monday, June 15, 2015

Ugh

So I've slipped a bit.  I didn't reach my 10,000 step 3 days last week. I thought for sure I would get them all (and more) since when we were camping.  It didn't happen the way I envisioned at all.  First, it hot. Like Africa hot.  Too hot to be walking around in the middle of the day. Hubby and I did start early on Saturday with a quick hike in the woods but it just got so hot as the day went on.  I walked when it got dusk/dark but just couldn't get those damn steps in. The campground is on a hill (a mountain maybe?) so when I walked up, my butt muscles were on fire 🔥. I told Hubby that if we lived in a place like that, I would for sure have buns of steel!!  

And I thought that since I packed a lot of good-for-me foods for the weekend, I would be okay food-wise.  It truly is hard to be in control when in a group. Oh.  AND we went to a cidery, which was actually my idea. I had only intended to try what they had new and maybe buy a bottle to take on our big trip. Wellllll.... 4 of us tasted and 4 of us ended up getting a glass to enjoy there.  That ate up quite a bit of my points (no pun intended). I can honestly say that Saturday I just quit counting my points. I know I went over.  I just wanted to forget it ever happened. Blah.

I need to figure out how to not stress out so much about what I am eating.  It's almost so bad that I can't enjoy myself.  I just love food so much and it's such a socializing activity. But then I beat myself up over what I've eaten.  Ugh.  

And so starting today, I have 5 days to get my fanny back into the swing of things.  40 minutes on the elliptical (with NO A/C btw)! and at the time of this post, 9,160 steps. Guess I will be doing some pacing tonight! 

 Here I go....

No comments:

Post a Comment