Sunday, June 7, 2015

Know Your Limits

This week was busy and a tiny bit stressful. The one day that I was truly stressed, I found myself rooting around in my desk for something to eat.  Luckily, I had some WW friendly items tucked away.  But I am sure if there hadn't been, I would've eaten something I shouldn't have.  That could've turned into an eating incident!  I know as the month goes on, the more stressed I will be - closing the school year and preparing for audit always puts me in a panicked state.  I am going to really have to stay on top of things.

And, because work is so stressful, I have been exhausted at the end of each and every day.  The last thing I truly wanted to do was get on the elliptical or worry if I had all my 10,000 steps.  But, I did.  Well, except for Friday.  There was no way after having a meeting, catching up at work, and volunteering (getting home late) that I was going to get on that elliptical.  I had reached my limit.  I was done.  I got all my steps but had achieved those simply by walking A LOT.

WW was great on Saturday - celebrated another loss.  BFF did too!  It's great having her on this journey.  We help and encourage each other.  Plus, we get so many great ideas from other members.

BUT (and this is a BIG but), Saturday night, I reached and went BEYOND my limit.  I was doing great all day until dinner.  Hubby made ribs, which were awesome.  I made a WW summer salad.  I even had an "adult beverage".  But, I got carried away with the ribs.  I SHOULD'VE STOPPED but I helped myself to "just one more".  And I felt miserable.  I was stuffed.  I was uncomfortable.  And, I was disappointed in myself.  I should've weighed the meat before I even started (mistake #1).  I should've left the ribs in the kitchen instead of right next to me (mistake #2).  I shouldn't have helped myself to the "just one more" while Matt was distracted (mistake #3).  And, so I paid the price.  I felt ill, I felt disappointed and - most importantly (ha ha) - I didn't have dessert.  The saving grace is that I was still within my points for the day.

I will remember this "incident" and let it be my reminder that once I reach my limit, I need to stop.  I don't like those feelings at all.  And, I missed my WW ice cream cone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment