Sunday, August 16, 2015

Set Back

Well, it happened.  I was up a pound.  A whole pound.  I must have looked stupid standing on the scale yesterday morning, staring at the weigh in lady like she was speaking another language.  No matter how much re-assuring the nice lady (ladies) tried, I was devastated.  Never have I been up that much on my journey.  A little here and there (ok - only 3 times) but not once a whole pound. WTH?

I was in a funk all morning.  I could not shake it.  I know in my head that this is normal on the weigh loss path.  But, in my heart, I failed.  What could I have done differently?  The great thing about the WW app is that I can go back through the week and see what might have gone wrong.  So I did just that. First of all, I see where the first problem was.  2 words.  Ham and Bacon.  Both of which I cherish.  Both LOADED with sodium.  A few of the recipes that I fixed this week also called for a lot of salt.  And what does salt/sodium do?  Make you retain water (fluids).  Easy fix - avoid those foods and cut back on the salt.  I also noticed that there were a few days that I filled some of my points at the end of the day with snack foods (i.e. 2 point bars, chips and salsa, WW ice cream, etc.).  I need to regroup and make some better choices.  Get back to only 1 sweet at the end of the day, be it a WW bar or WW ice cream but not both.  

Exercise last week?  Well, I only worked out 4 times.  Ok, that's fixable.  Just step it back up to 5 or 6.  I can do that.  I did get ALL my 10,000+ steps in.  I walked every day, sometimes 2 or three times.  I need to be more diligent.  I know that for some reason last week, I was whooped at the end of the day and really didn't want to get on the elliptical.  Hubby and I did ride our bikes last Sunday and again today, which is a nice way to shake things up.  If there was more time during the week, I would like to ride.  But, for now my evening walks will have to do (after of course, taking a ride on the elliptical).

This week - exercise more, eat less high sodium foods and be positive! And, hopefully it will show on the scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment