Thursday, January 21, 2016

Here Comes The ... Snow?!?!

We are expecting A LOT of snow this weekend.    Some people are scared of being snowed in, like claustrophobic afraid.    And then there are the weight watchers who, like me, are scared because of being trapped at home WITH FOOD!  This storm with possible "historic snow accumulation potential" has me freaking out about just sitting around and eating.  Now mind you, the food in the house is, for the most part, healthy.   Most.  I got rid of the cookies, at least.  I have lots of snacks that are low calorie.  Of course, I always have popcorn. 

I am already thinking of what I will do while snowed in, other than help shovel snow.  Scrapbook some.  Read some.  Maybe cross-stitch a little.  Nap.  Watch Star Wars trilogy.  ALL THESE THINGS ARE SEDENTARY!  Unless I jog in place while doing these things (well, except napping).  But, other than shoveling and getting on the elliptical, I will have little opportunity to move around.  I am not a winter person.  I don't relish the idea of playing in the snow or walking in the winter wonderland.  I will be stuck inside. And this I am not looking forward to. And how on earth will I get all my 10000 steps stuck inside!?!?!? 

I guess I will have to make the best of it.  I can't control the weather.  But I CAN control what I put in my mouth.  So come on Mother Nature...show me what you got!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment