Monday, July 25, 2016

WOW!

So much happening!  So much good "stuff" happening!!  

When I started this blog, I stated my "why".  First and foremost, my health.  I was heading in a direction I didn't want to be heading...diabetes.  I had terrible foot pain.  I was uncomfortable all the time.  I was so unhealthy that something had to be done.  So, I joined Weight Watchers.  And never looked back.

There were other compelling reasons too...2 family weddings, daughter's college graduation and my 30th high school reunion.  I want to not only be healthier and feel better but also wanted to look GOOD.  

Well, the last event on my "why list" was last weekend.  Many classmates were shocked, several told me many times how great I looked.  I heard someone told one of my besties "Sheri looks so great - she is like 1/2 the person she was the last time I saw her".  Another classmate sent me a message and said that I was beautiful. At least 2 people told me that I inspired them to get healthy.  During brunch, one of my friends told me that I needed to work for WW because she said "I spoke so passionately" about my weight loss.  I was and am so happy.  

I was going to skip WW Saturday just because I had so much going on with the reunion.  But I went because I needed it.  I think it might be much like people needing an AA Meeting.  And boy am I glad that I did!  Not only was I DOWN 2.2 pounds, but I also set my goal weight and I only need to lose 2 more pounds!  2.  More.  Pounds!!!  And once I maintain my goal weight for 6 weeks, I become a life time member!!!!  Free WW!  Woohoo!!!  I think that because I was not only 2 pounds down and only have 2 pounds to lose is what kept me from going off the rail this weekend.  Sure I had more adult beverages that I usually do and I ate out a bit more than normal.  But I didn't go crazy. I tried to still make good choices.   

I am so excited about this.  I am trying to be realistic that those 2 pounds might not come off this week.  That it might take a few weeks to hit the magic number.  But the light at the end of the tunnel is SO bright.  All I can say is WOW!  Go me!!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment