Wednesday, July 6, 2016

I Might Be A Little Bit Fruity

Those of you who know me well, know that I have a full-on love affair with Fruity Pebbles.  I love nothing more than a box of Fruity Pebbles.  Yes I said box. No I didn't mean bowl.  Because let's face it.  I could potentially eat an entire box in one sitting.  Never mind that there are 6 points in a "serving" (which, btw is actually 3/4 of a cup NOT a soup bowl).  A whole box is just a mere 72 points.  Psssh.  I know myself well enough to know better than to buy a box.  I can't be trusted with them.  

THEN I see these little gems while grocery shopping.  

ALWAYS a sucker for the "limited edition" Oreo's, when I saw these I swear my heart stopped.  I started to sweat.  I was salivating.   It was all I could do to NOT tear into them right there in the middle of the isle at Wegman's.  They DID come home with me.  I made myself wait until lunch to open them.


When I opened the bag and got a whiff of those sweet fruity "crisps" (whatever - PEBBLES), I was in heaven.  I patiently ate my lunch knowing that once I was done, I could have my dessert.  The whole time, I was wondering if I would be disappointed.  

I was not.  These things are AWESOME.  They are fantastically sweet and Fruity Pebble tasting.  And, they are 3 points a PIECE! Of course I tracked them.  Of course I limit myself.  I had 1 last night.  Do I want to eat the whole package?  Of course.  But will I?  Nope.  

This is why I LOVE WW.  I have the flexibility to eat treasures like this ON OCCASION.  I can have a splurge without sliding down that slippery slope into a sugar induced coma. 

And good news - these are only "limited edition".  So when they're gone, they're gone.  And that might be a good thing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment