Wednesday, August 31, 2016

THIS is why

It's the moment you find that perfect shirt, the one you have been looking high and low for - there it is.  4 of them.  All. Size. Small.  You're crushed.  What's a girl to do?  Well, if you are me, you try it on anyway.  And guess what - IT FIT.  So, I bought it.  

It's that moment when I am like, um okay.  This is why I continue on my journey.  Never mind that I feel better and am much healthier.  I AM WEARING A SIZE SMALL SHIRT.

Yea, I have told everyone in the office that I'm wearing a small.  Because I am damn proud.  

I have been beating myself up because I have gotten off track.  I know I shouldn't but it's hard.  Life happens, I know.  But so far, this has come so easy for me.  And so many people are proud of me (including myself), I am scared to disappoint.  Sometimes it's just a lot of pressure to succeed.  And when I stumble, I feel let down.  

So what have I changed?  Well, for one thing, I am exercising again.  I didn't realize how much I missed it until I started again.  And, I'm trying super hard not to cheat.  I am re-committing myself to getting 10,000 steps a day. 

I will get there.  This I know.  I have picked myself up (again) and brushed myself off (again) and gotten back on track (AGAIN).  

One thing I have proven myself is that I am a winner.  I am winning.  When I cross that line, I will know that I earned it.  And that I deserve it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment