Saturday, May 30, 2015

"The struggle is real"

That is a quote I stole from my daughter this week.  She's struggling with money and I am struggling with my weight.  Last week being up .6 was disappointing and discouraging.  But, I moved past it.  This week I was down a whopping 3.4!  Which made me hit my 25 pound mark (got a new charm for my charm holder) with a total of 26 pounds lost!!!  All I can say is "WOW". and "HOT DAMN".

My WW leader said something today during our meeting that I wrote down because I thought it was speaking to me.  "We make 200 food decisions a day".  Holy cow - I think that is a true statement.  I have been trying to NOT make food the main thing in my life.  It's my struggle.  But, I can honestly say that I probably DO make 200 food decisions a day - if not more.

So, what did I do differently this week?  Nothing much, really.  Still eating healthy.  Still exercising 6 days a week.  Oh.  I did add a walk after dinner.  Not a super long one...just around the block and enough to get over 10,000 steps for the day. Sometimes hubby goes, sometimes he doesn't.  I am getting almost an hour worth of exercise a day, which is pretty good considering 6 months ago, I hated just the walk to my car at the end of the day and only went up the stairs once.  

I was concerned about this week...had some alcohol last Saturday night (3 points worth) and 1/2 a doughnut Sunday night (4 points - totally worth it).  Moderation truly is the key.  

This week coming up is pretty quiet.  I have loosely planned our meals, which makes me nervous so I will probably tighten the menu up some before I go to the store.   I should be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment