Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Let's Get This Party Started

September is going to be quite a challenging month.  I am so glad I started it with a scale victory!  

Last week the teachers came back to work/school and the boss felt the need to feed them - constantly. Of course the choices were not exactly weight watcher friendly so I didn't partake. And you know what? That was okay. I brought my own food and it really didn't bother me. Wait. Who am I kidding?? I really, really wanted a doughnut. But truly felt better for not having it. 

BFF's and I went to the National Book Festival in DC on Saturday and we were at the mercy of food vendors. I splurged on a hot dog (without the bun of course) and a few fries. They were so good!! Not the best thing to eat but my goodness it was a tasty lunch. I made up for it with a low, low point dinner.  So while I might splurge a little, I still stayed within my points.  

This weekend coming up - family wedding. At the beach.  Where Grottoes and Thrashers lives.  All the smells alone can make you gain weight, I swear.  The before party is actually AT Grottoes Pizza.  Good Lord give me strength....

Then...next weekend, a trip to California with 2 of my daughters. This trip for sure will test my willpower.   

My point to all this isn't that I have a wild and happening life (because I really don't). My point is that life happens. It's not always going to be possible to be in control of food that is available. It's about making the best choices you can, when you can.  I can't stay home all the time simply because I "can't" eat out. I just know that I don't do well eating "on the fly".  It's going to be a challenge.  But I think I am up for it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment