Monday, September 21, 2015

When in Rome...

...do as the Romans do. Or in my case, when in California do as Californians do. Eat. Drink. Be Merry. I did it all and enjoyed every hateful point I consumed.  Tracking was difficult. I haven't had a banana since we left. As a matter of fact, I can't recall much fruit OR veggies. I have a feeling that I am going to be spending this week trying to undo what I did these last 4 days.

I will say, for the record that I got plenty of exercise in all the walking we did. If you have ever been to San Francisco you know what it's made up of - hills. Lots and lots of hills. Very steep hills. If you are lucky enough to find a space to park your car, you take that space and walk to wherever you need to go. Could be a block. Could be several. Could be a mile. I should have buns of steel and killer calves after this!  

It was a great trip. I regret none of it. Spending this time with the girls before they graduate and go on to their big girl lives was my goal and my pleasure. What wonderful human beings they are. 

A year ago I never could've done this trip. I never could have walked all over the city. I am thankful that because I have made a choice to better myself and my health, I was able to do the things we did and have this time with them. Thank goodness for WW and for my determination towards a better life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment