Monday, September 14, 2015

Let It Go

I have returned from a fantastic family wedding weekend. As I thought, it was challenging. So challenging. I could've done a lot better. But I also could've done MUCH worse. The pre-wedding party was open bar and a pizza buffet. I had only 1 piece and a lot of salad. No dessert. But more alcohol than I have had at one time, in a long time. I was feeling pretty disappointed in myself.  But when I really thought about it, it wasn't that bad.

Saturday, I decided that it's okay to go off track a little as long as I got myself back on track Sunday. I just had to let it go and not beat myself up about it. I enjoyed every bite at the wedding (the food was excellent) and had just 2 drinks. I had 2 bites of cake (I swear).  I danced literally all night (activity points!!). Since losing this weight, I have a new found confidence. I ended Saturday with 21,855 steps. Holy cow!! 

I am learning that it's okay to relax a little and enjoy myself with food.  It will be okay.  

Here we are - the start of a new week. I'm back on program. I went for a walk last night even though I was dead tired and my feet were screaming at me. But I pushed myself and made sure I had my 10,000+ steps. 

Four days until my next big challenge - San Francisco. 

No comments:

Post a Comment