Sunday, September 27, 2015

How do you like me now?

Often I find myself singing one of my favorite Toby Keith songs to myself, "How do you like me now?"  I like me just fine - now. I mean I liked myself before...mostly. But I was unhappy with how I looked and how I felt. I knew I was unhealthy and overweight. I knew I needed to do something about it but was so deep in depression that I didn't know where to start. It took hearing that I was pre-diabetic to get my rear in gear.  I guess you could say that was scared straight!! 

Weight Watchers Weekly's topic last week was "What's your why?".  My health started out to be my "why".  But now!  Now, I my "why" is how I feel and look.  My why is how much happier I am and how happy my hubby is.  My why is be able to walk anywhere, anytime when I really thought that I was heading towards a crippling life.  And, if I am going to be really honest, my why is that I am addicted to shopping (The Loft, anyone?) because dammit, I look good!

My friends and family are simply The Best.  SO encouraging, so complimentary and understanding.  I need my weekly meetings and my BFF to help me along.  I could never do this without them.  You know the saying "it takes a village to raise a child"?  Well, I think it takes a village to succeed in weight loss.  

I celebrated a scale victory.  Even after being in San Francisco and not attending 2 meetings, I was down 1.8.   I have to admit, I was a bit nervous that I would be up.  Being back on track and a normal schedule feels good.  

I have some more exciting social events coming up.  A big book club meeting at my favorite authors home, a country show, a family wedding and another trip. All of which will have food and alcohol. All challenging but I am confident that I got this.  

So...How do you like me now?  

No comments:

Post a Comment