Friday, February 26, 2016

Happy Anniversary!

I just celebrated my 1 year anniversary with Weight Watchers.  And what a year it's been!! I went from a size 18 to an 8!  I have lost the weight of a small child, a 5000 BTU air conditioner, the weight of 57 guinea pigs (okay that was silly but you get my drift).  57 pounds of weight - GONE.  Poof.  Just like that.  

No.  Not just like that.  A lot of hard work and discipline and a whole lot of cray-cray went into this life change.  When I started out, even as determined as I was, I was still a bit skeptical that I would be able to lose THIS MUCH weight. And I'm not done yet!!

This last year was full of ups and downs.  We had family weddings, vacations, family visits and we also had sadness, illness and death.  All of those things (good and bad) had challenges associated with them.  And, all of them were dealt with in a non self-destructive way.  

I didn't just lose 57 pounds.  I GAINED back the ability to walk pain free.  I GAINED back long lost confidence.  I GAINED knowledge of a healthier lifestyle.  I GAINED a healthy respect for food. I GAINED a love for exercise.  I REGAINED control of my life.  And I got sexy back.  ;)  

I truly believe Weight Watchers has it right.  It IS beyond just the scale.  It's the whole you that you are working on.  Finding the "me time" in each day.  Planning and preparing menus and meals.  Exercising.  Stretch yourself.  Go outside your comfort zone.  

I learned something really important about myself on this journey.  I am not a quitter.  I have celebrated.  I have stumbled.  I have fallen.  I have picked myself up, dusted myself off and moved past.  I will not fail.  

SO happy anniversary to me!  And thank you Weight Watchers for helping me get my life back!





No comments:

Post a Comment