Sunday, February 7, 2016

Knock, Knock

Who's there?? I used to joke around that deep down inside me was a skinny girl - I knew she was there because I ate her. She's been fighting hard to get out. Well, I am not a "skinny girl" but I am a "skinnier girl". 

Last night we went out to dinner. And while I had already planned what I would eat before we even got there, I still perused the menu (mistake). There were sooooo many yummy things on the menu  that were sooooo bad for you.  I sighed a very heavy sigh, hubby asked what's wrong and I said "I hate being a fat girl". He looked right at me and said "you're NOT a fat girl".  Okay. True. But I used to be. I know that it wouldn't take much to slide back into old habits. And it's those yummy looking, so very bad for you foods that contributed to my downward spiral. 

When I ordered my dinner, I told them to leave off the butter sauces, ordered steamed asparagus and had light dressing on the side of my salad. I did allow myself a small piece of bread. And I boxed up the rice for hubby to eat another night. 

Sometimes I just wish I was one of those people who can just eat whatever they want and never gain an ounce. I secretly hate those people. Not really. I feel like all I have to do is walk down the fresh baked goodies aisle at Wegmans and gain weight. I will never be the person who won't have to worry about what they are putting in their mouth. That makes me sad sometimes. 

Earlier in the week, I decided that for the Super Bowl game, we would order a pizza a Italian salad for dinner. All week it's all I could think of. That is until I saw how many points that would have been. So I decided to make a WW friendly soup instead. Much more sensible. 

I am feeling a bit down (can you tell??). I was up a smidge this week. In the last 3 weeks, I have gained back 1/2 a pound. That doesn't sound like much. But I really wanted to be at goal weight by my birthday! I did the math. I'd need to lose 2 pounds (at least) a week to get there. It's not likely to happen. I will still aim for that but know that I will probably have to adjust my goal weight target date. 

What am I going to do to help myself get there? Well first - no more cheats. I have been bad about that lately - a cookie here, a bite of brownie there. I am going to make really sure I drink more water. I am going to continue my exercise. I am going to get plenty of sleep. And I'm not going stress out too much about this. (Or at least I'm going to try not to). 

I am going to try something new. I will write "2 pounds" on stickies and put them at eye level on the fridge (at home and at work), on my computer, on the door of my office and where ever else I will see it. Maybe that will help me remember to do all the right things. 

This week will be a busy one - a week with 2 dinners out, a cookie decorating class, a concert, and trainings away from my office. These are the kinds of things that can really throw me off because it's not my normal schedule/routine. That could mean trouble. Or not. 😉


No comments:

Post a Comment