Monday, April 18, 2016

10 to Go

That's right.  Only 10 more pounds to go!  I can do this!!!!  Even losing it 1 pound at a time, I can do this.  They said it would be slower to come off the closer you get to goal weight.  Well, they are right!  It's hard.  My body is "ok" with where I am.  It's happy.  It's comfortable.  It's telling me that it wants to stay right here.  My brain is like, "um...no...just a little more".  

Last week, we had a visiting leader.  I don't care for her style (we've had her before).  But the thing that upset me the most was that she did scale and non-scale victories at the end of the meeting.  And since she ran so late, people left and possibly some of those people wanted to celebrate and/or be celebrated!  Myself included.  I wanted to share my 1 pound loss.  It might not seem like a big deal to most but to a room full of weight watchers, it's huge.

So I celebrated myself.  :)

I go into most Saturdays thinking I am going to have this huge cheat day.  But most of the time, I end up being good.  I wanted a sloppy burger a few Saturdays ago and ended up with one but with no bun, no mayo.  This last Saturday we went out and I ended up having a grilled chicken breast.  Even my cheat days aren't really cheat days.  I can't cheat!  

I guess this is a good thing.  My brain has been re-trained to think differently.  And that is why this is working this time.  A switch literally went on in my brain - the weight loss switch. I am keeping it on!


No comments:

Post a Comment