Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Who's Your Support System?

Without support, I could not be as successful as I have been.  At our meeting last week, we discussed who supports us.  Of course everyone at the meeting supports each other.  I was sad to hear some people don't have any support from their families.  I am so lucky - I can't think of one single person in my life who hasn't been supportive or encouraging.

My hubby has been SO incredibly wonderful.  His support has been paramount.  He tells me ALL THE TIME how proud of me he is. He shares every victory and every stumble with me.  He never complains when I make "weird food" or when I introduce him to something different.  He's a meat-and-potatoes kind of guy.  I have shown him that meals can be meatless (which he's still not crazy about) and salads can been filling.  

My parents and my sister are one their journeys as well.  We are a great support system for each other.  All of us are at different stages.  Each week, we share how we are doing.  No pressure, no admonishments, only encouragement.

At work, I have my own personal cheerleaders.  This is so important since I am with these people more awake hours than I am with anyone else (hubby included).  My friends are sensitive to my food "restrictions" - one even made me a WW friendly birthday cake!!! I have my walking buddy and my Pilates buddy and my lunch gal pals.  Without my circle of friends, my day would be long and hard.

My girlfriends have been in my corner since the beginning.  They understand where I am coming from and where I am heading to.  They support me not just in their words but in their actions.  

I am so fortunate to have this support system around me day in and day out.  And it's because of each and every person that I have been successful.  I thank you.

1 comment:

  1. You are my support too, walking buddy. I would not be hitting these step goals without you. Mrs. Skinny!

    ReplyDelete