Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Smell of Victory

Well, it happened.  I stood in front of the ex husband, skinnier than I have been since our 24 year old daughter was born.  I'm not sure what I expected.  I did have a moment of sweet victory when I saw his wife give me the once over.  I knew I looked good. And them - not so much.  I think back to the words he said that hurt me to the core - "you let yourself go". Well, Saturday I could've said those same 4 words to him.  But I didn't.  Because I am a human being.

When I started this journey, one of my driving forces (my health being #1) was I wanted to look good for my daughter's graduation.  For that in-you-face-sucker moment when he saw me.  He probably didn't notice but it turned out that it really didn't matter to me if did or didn't.  What matters is that I am healthier and I know that I look good.  I certainly don't need any validation from a "man" (and I use that word loosely) that left me with a 3 year old because I "let myself go".

People need to think before they speak.  Words can be very damaging.  I have carried those 4 words with me for 21 years.  Not sure I will ever forget them.  But I certainly learned what kind of person he is.

Enough about that.  

I was up a pound last week.  Which really bummed me out.  I looked back and didn't see where I might have gone wrong except I slacked a bit on exercising.  Let's face it, sometimes life gets in the way!  So, I will make sure I take a spin at least 4 days this week - no matter what.


1 comment: