Saturday, July 11, 2015

Home Sweet Home

Well, we are home and back into our "normal life".  After WW, unloading/cleaning the camper and taking it to the storage lot, 6 loads of laundry, a trip to the grocery store and making dinner, I am finally done for the day.  OH! I did manage a nice walk around the block (making sure I get my steps in!).  

Even though I weighed in on Thursday in TN, I still wanted to attend this morning's meeting.  Being with my BFF and the Saturday morning group, not to mention our great leader, is what I need to get back into the swing of things.

I remember what another leader (Wayne) used to say..."If I could do it myself, I wouldn't be here".  And it's so true.  I need the meetings and the group that we meet with.  Just hearing that others have the same thoughts, struggles and hopes I have is so helpful.  It's nice to know I'm not doing it alone. 

My friends and family that surround me are SO supportive. I LOVE them cheering me on and I don't think I will ever get tired of hearing compliments.  It keeps me going. 

This is the first vacation in a LONG time that I actually wanted my picture taken.  I looked back at a picture from last year and I can't believe how far I have come.  I am SO much happier now. I feel so much better.  

I carefully planned our menus for this week and I think I will feel a lot more in control.  I am loading up on vegetables.  Lots and lots of vegetables.  I love summertime!  All the wonderful fruits and veggies that are available...oh yes!  I think next weekend I will go to the farmer's market.  

It may have only been a .4 loss this week but considering we were on vacation and I didn't get to move around as much as I would've liked, I am happy with .4.  At least it's in the right direction.




No comments:

Post a Comment