Sunday, July 19, 2015

Meat and The Weekend

My husband is a meat master (aka grill master).  Everything he cooks is like heaven on earth.  This weekend he grilled a top sirloin roast that was to die for.  I truly could not stop eating it.  It was like crack.  Seriously, it was that good.  I knew how much I should've eaten (I weighed it).  But I. Could. Not. Stop. Plus we had friends over, and I took on an "oh well" attitude (living in the moment). I'm not proud of myself for getting a little (or a lot?) out of control. 

Today I had a great outing with my girls.  A winery, a brewery, and a BBQ joint (all with serious eating incident potentials).  I packed a picnic of WW friendly snack foods (and pre-tracked them) so that I could enjoy some wine.  It was such a great day and I tried so hard to not be so obsessed by what I was eating and drinking so I could just enjoy the day.  The problem with that is once I take on that attitude (much like last night's oh well attitude), I tend to slip - a lot.  And I just can't afford to slip backwards. 

It's almost like I have  Bad Sheri on one shoulder saying "oh go ahead - eat it.  You've done great so far - you deserve it" and then Skinnier Sheri on the other shoulder reminding me that I HAVE done great so far and how much better I feel and how much healthier I am.  There's a tug-o-war going on inside my brain that I sometimes can't turn off.

Tonight I was lacking half of my steps (half!!!).  Hubby suggested I just relax since I had a long day.  I was going to take a walk but it was like Africa hot.  So, instead I put on my exercise clothes and got on the elliptical for 45 minutes.  Now, I feel a bit better and the slippery slope I was on has been righted.  


And tomorrow is another day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment