Monday, December 21, 2015

Undone

Christmas just might be my undoing this year.  I am struggling with my willpower.  I honestly thought that I could bake cookies and simply not eat one (or two...or lick the bowl/beaters or both). But, I am human and most humans faced with an unrealistic challenge often fail.  And, I have failed.  

This is Christmas!  So here is what I am figuring out.   Sweets, goodies and big meals are going to happen.  I am going to enjoy my season WITHIN REASON.  I will have a cookie.  Not 3 or 4.  I will make up my mind that I can be satisfied with just 1.  I will enjoy my Christmas Eve/Christmas Day dinners by allowing myself an indulgence yet still being mindful.  And if I slip up - I will just dust myself off and get back on track.  

My parents are coming (YAY!!!) and while that might have been another challenge all in itself (because in the past all we seemed to do is eat), now that they are also on their own journey's, it will be a breeze!  So, so SO proud of my parents and my sister!

I was up a pound at Saturday's weigh-in.  I wasn't devastated because I knew I earned that pound.  A lot of food came into the office and then we had a holiday party. I missed a work out.  So, I wasn't too surprised. I know what I need to do.










No comments:

Post a Comment