Monday, May 30, 2016

Darn BMI

If it weren't for that darn BMI (body mass index), I would probably be happy where I am, weight-wise.  I think mostly because the last stretch IS KILLING ME.  I'm like "ok, I get it! I can maintain at this weight so I'll just stay here."  But let's face it I'm too stubborn to stop now.  I am so close to being within the healthy weight range.  I can't quit now.

I had to laugh at myself this weekend when I was making my 3rd (yes 3rd) s'more.  There was no way I would've even THOUGHT about eating that a year ago!  I am way too relaxed now.  I have 10 pounds to lose and I'm stuffing down melted marshmallows and melted chocolate like it was my job.  

So what do I need to do?  Well, I have to get my head back in the game.  And hopefully the rest of me will follow.  As a start, I did 30 minutes on the elliptical (for the first time in over 2 weeks) today when we got home from camping.  I will be doing my very best to get 10,000 steps every day.  I will HONESTLY track. Or I will track honestly.  I will make better choices.  I will motivate myself by reading WW Connect and my magazines.  I have to try to find the me I was a year ago.  But maybe a little less crazy.  Not sure if that's possible.  Guess we will see.


No comments:

Post a Comment